The American Educational Institute’s unique program is designed to allow candidates to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude required for childhood development. Furthermore, students gain a greater awareness of the nursery environment and the conditions & services offered. Students get to practice their roles through different types of activities in addition to theoretical studies. Finally, the program ensures that graduates are updated on the most recent developments in the field. The program extends over a period of eight months and is certified by the Lebanese Ministry of Education.
The program is designed to allow candidates to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes related to:
- Childhood characteristics & development
- Nursery Environment: The conditions of environment services offered
- Role of the teacher: get introduced to the theoretical basis of early education and learning by plays in addition to the animation of different types of activities
- Professional practice: Increase awareness of recent field development
- NUR 101 - Introduction to Nursery Pedagogy
- NUR 102 - Child Development from Birth to 6 Years
- NUR 103 - Physical & Motor Development
- NUR 104 - Observation & Application
- NUR 105 - Preschool Activities
- NUR 106 - Plastic Arts
- NUR 107 - Arabic Language
- NUR 108 - Music Education
- NUR 109 - Observation / Education
Upon sufficient completion of the program, the student receives a certificate issued by the American Educational Institute and certified by the Ministry of Education.